Water and energy conservation is important for saving money and for doing your part to help the planet. Using the following plumbing products can help you on both of these fronts!
- Tankless water heaters – Since they heat water using less energy, these devices can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in energy bill costs over the years.
- Low-flow showerheads – With one of these products installed, you can cut your shower’s water usage by as much as 30 percent.
- Toilet flushometer - This device allows you to adjust your water usage depending on what “kind” of flush you need. Use the reduced water setting for liquid flushes and a full flush for solids.
- WaterSense faucets – Like low-flow showerheads, these products also cut water flow by about 30 percent, without sacrificing quality.
- Solar-powered faucets – Convert natural sunlight into electricity to power these easy-to-install faucets, which come equipped with a battery back-up. Solar faucets are also hygienic and hands-free.
* * *
Making Cents of Energy is written and published by Thompson Plumbing Heating & Cooling