This energy quiz is from the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Public and Consumer Affairs, Consumer and Public Liaison, Energy Information Administration (10/95).
Answers follow the questions:
1. For which jobs are microwave ovens used most?
A. Defrosting frozen foods
B. Cooking Meals
C. Reheating foods
D. Preparing snacks
2. Microwave ovens are currently found in what percentage of all U.S. Homes?
3. Almost all of us use ovens for cooking. What percentage are electric?
4. How many gallons of hot water does the typical dishwasher use during a normal cycle?
5. Ceiling fans are currently found in what percentage of U.S. homes?
A. 10 to 15%
B. 25 to 30%
C. 50 to 55%
6. Switching to fluorescent lighting can save consumers a lot of money. How much money could Americans save collectively each year if we all made the switch to efficient lighting?
B. $1 million
C. $750 million
7. Energy-efficient lighting can reduce home electricity demand up to what percent?
Answers will be posted soon!